Monday, November 30, 2009

What's going on

Sorry for being out of the loop for a bit... I have been sewing alot and getting my quilting table back up and running.

After a month of sending things back and forth to PCQ and 2 new motherboards later my quilting table is finally back up and running... I am pretty excited, I got 2 quilts done this weekend, I will post pics of them tomorrow.

So what have I been up to while the table was down?
Well I got alot of quilt tops done, went on a couple retreats and hung out with my family and relaxed!
here are some pics.
This is a picture of the Trumpeter Swans outside our front room window where we stayed for our retreat in Cooper Landing,

This is the view from the front room window at the cabin in Cooper Landing.

Here is a small picture of the Figgy Pudding Quilt I got finished when I was down at the Saltwater Lodge in Seward

On my way home from the lodge I stopped at the Quilt shop in Cooper Landing and picked up this kit and got it finished. I love the colors, It turned out great!

And I finished all the hand applique on the Blooms for Annebelle Quilt

While down at the Saltwater Lodge our sewing group "The Strippers" got this kit from the "Sew Happy's" group. I love it so much and I got it all put together in a matter of hours... very easy and very nice, it will go perfect in my house.

So as I was saying above a group of us stayed in a cabin in Cooper Landing and went to a Mystery Class put on by Bearly Threaded Quilt shop This is the quilt I finished that weekend. It was easy nice and alot of great food. We sewed at the local school in their big gym. will post more pics of this excursion soon. We are planning on going back down there in December for a UFO Weekend.


I am working on getting into the christmas spirit, I made a tree skirt at a class down in seward. I just need to quilt it so it can go under the tree, I will try to post pics of that tomorrow too.
Happy Sewing All!!!

No comments: